Our goal is never just to learn – we learn with the goal of being changed by what we learn (James 1:22).
Here are some opportunities at Living Hope Church to learn and grow:
- Sunday Worship Services: Our weekly Sunday Worship Services are a key time to learn from the preaching of God’s Word. After the sermon, we normally take a few minutes for a Q&A time in which people from the congregation ask the preacher any questions they may have about what was taught and how it applies to their life.
- Gospel Community Groups: Gospel Community Groups provide an extended opportunity to talk about the previous Sunday’s sermon, especially about how we should apply the teaching to our lives. Please click here for more information about these groups.
- Ladies’ Ministries: Our Ladies Bible Study is the 1st Tuesday of the month, rom 10am-12noon. Twice a year there are also special Ladies’ Events that provide more opportunity for teaching and fellowship. For more information about Ladies’ Ministries, please click here.
- Teen Girls Discipleship Ministry: We have Bible Studies for teen girls (age 13-19), twice a month on a Friday evening. We do not currently have a group for teen guys. For more information, please click here.
- Young Adults Ministry: Our Young Adults Ministry (for people aged 18-30ish) meets one Friday evening a month.
- Following Jesus: an Introduction to Discipleship: We offer this course at least once a year. If you are a new Christian, or have been a Christian for a while but have not been a part of a Bible-teaching church, or if you are not a Christian but have questions about Christianity, this will be a helpful course for you to take. This course focuses on the core beliefs of Christianity and the implications of those beliefs for our lives, as well as key, practical ways you can seek to learn and grow as a Christian and better follow Jesus. For more information, please click here.
- Living Hope Church Seminars and Conferences: We offer a few seminars/ conferences each year. For more information, please click here.
- African Bible Training Centre: African Bible Training Centre classes will help you grow in understanding and enjoying the Scriptures, and equip you to apply the Bible to your life and in ministry to others. There are 3 classes:
- The Old Testament course gives an overview of every book in the Old Testament of the Bible. Every other Thursday, 6:30-9pm (alternates with the New Testament course).
- The New Testament course gives an overview of every book in the New Testament of the Bible. Every other Thursday, 6:30-9pm (alternates with the Old Testament course).
- The Systematic Theology course covers what the Bible teaches about key subjects (doctrines). Every other Friday, 6:30-9pm.
For more information, please click here.
Resources to help you learn and grow:
Local Conferences we recommend: