- Following Jesus: An Introduction to Discipleship: We offer this course about once a year. This course focuses on the core beliefs of Christianity and the implications of those beliefs for our lives, as well as key, practical ways you can seek to learn and grow as a Christian and better follow Jesus.
- Time with Jesus: Bible Reading and Prayer: We offer this course about once a year. This course aims to be very practical in helping you learn how to better read, understand, and apply God’s Word, the Bible, and how to pray as God calls us to pray.
- Baptism: We believe baptism is commanded by God and is an important “first step” in the Christian life: a public declaration that you have been saved by Jesus and are committed to following Him with your life. We teach Baptism classes every year covering what baptism is and is not. We ask everyone we baptise to go through our church membership process as well (see below).
- Church Membership: We believe committed, active participation in a local church is a vital part of the Christian life; not only because it is God’s design to bless us and help us in our Christian life through the ministry and community of a local church , but also because God calls every Christian to play a role in the local church – for the good of our brothers and sisters in the Lord, for the spreading of the gospel, and for His glory. We encourage every Christian to commit themselves to a biblical local church through becoming a member of that church.
Our aim at Living Hope Church is to have “meaningful Church Membership,” in which every member is involved in the life of the church in the ways God calls us to in His Word. We want every member to be committed to the church community and the ministry of the church, and we want our church community and church leaders to be committed to each and every member.
Our Membership process includes:
– Baptism Classes covering what baptism is and is not (for those who have not been baptised yet)
– Membership Classes covering the nature of the church, what we teach at Living Hope, and our Membership Commitments.
– Fill out a Membership Application and sign the Living Hope Membership Commitments.
– Be interviewed by our church elders
– Be baptised at a special Worship Service on a Sunday (for those who have not been baptised)
– Be welcomed into the membership of our church at the Sunday Worship Service the week following the baptism service
We run our membership process at least once a year.
- African Bible Training Centre (ABTC): African Bible Training Centre (ABTC) is run by 1Hope4Africa, a ministry closely tied to our church. These courses are taught by two of our pastors, Josh Mack and Alan Lester. African Bible Training Centre classes will help you grow in understanding and enjoying the Scriptures, and equip you to apply the Bible to your life and in ministry to others. There are 3 ABTC classes:
- The Old Testament course gives an overview of every book in the Old Testament of the Bible. Every other Thursday, 6:30-9pm (alternates with the New Testament course).
- The New Testament course gives an overview of every book in the New Testament of the Bible. Every other Thursday, 6:30-9pm (alternates with the Old Testament course).
- The Systematic Theology course covers what the Bible teaches about key subjects (doctrines). Every other Friday, 6:30-9pm.
For more information, please click here.
Seminars and Conferences put on by Living Hope:
This will be updated soon.
We recommend the following local conferences: